I've only missed two of my planned workouts (weights on Friday and swimming Yesterday), but despite that I've still managed to break 10000 calories burned. It took 13.5 hours and 20 training sessions, 10 of those being cycling, 5 running, 3 weight, and 2 swimming. I really need to focus on swimming more, but that will be the plan for the next 4 week period. Also, for the first time, I've spent more in zone 3 than zone 2, with fairly long time (two hours) in zone four. I love high paced interval training :).
Due to my first official run next Sunday I will have to rearrange my workout plant a little just to have more rest in the end of the week. Other than that, plan stays the same (lots of runs and weight training, some swimming, cycling to work every day).
Last week food plan and changes (cut pasta and rice) proven to be correct. I had three extra meals - sushi on Wednesday, ramen on Friday (instead of usual lunch) and Indian food for Saturday dinner. From rough calculations my eating was about 2500 - 3000 kcal per day. One might say that’s a lot, but considering the amount of workouts, that’s completely justified. Carbs came mostly from oatmeal for breakfast and protein shakes and bars around workouts, since I skipped bananas last week.
For this week I will skip oatmeal when I’m not running in the morning in favor of spinach shakes and scrambled eggs with vegetables. Here is my meal list.
- Oatmeal with almonds and berries
- Scrambled eggs with chili or asparagus + protein shake
- Beef jerky (plain or chili, I've found one with almost no fat or carbohydrates)
- Cashews with raisins or blueberries
- Diet protein bars (high on proteins, low on fat and sugars)
- Grilled swordfish salad with avocado and tomatoes
- Cod with broccoli and eggs
- Smoked salmon with avocado and tomatoes
- Chicken with asparagus and beans
- Chicken salad with peppers, almonds and olives
- Grilled salmon stuffed with spinach, onion and lemon
- Chicken salad made with any leftovers I have in the end of the week
- Any low carb snack pre-workout
- Protein shake with carbs post-workout
- Water! :)
- Coffee with less milk (flat white instead of big latte, that will be the hard part)
Have a good week all of you!